1) Know and understand what type of water system and septic system is used on any acreage you are considering purchasing. Also, make sure to learn how to maintain them.
2) Install a septic alarm if there is none in place already. Consider installing a sump pump if one is not currently present.
3) There are a lot of great schools throughout the county. Check out which schools cover your area and if busing is available. In Strathcona County, the school districts are:
Elk Island Public Schools
Elk Island Catholic Schools
4) Find out what type of garbage pickup is used or available. In most area, it is available for a fee from the county. It is sometimes possible to opt out and arrange for your own garbage removal from a private contractor. You can get more information at:
5) Always make sure that you have a fire permit for any outdoor fires. They can be obtained online at the Strathcona County website:
Strathcona County Fire Permit
If you have any questions about acreage living or if you're interested in finding Sherwood Park acreages for sale on the MLS right now, call me at:
or check out the MLS search:
Information contained herein deemed reliable, but NOT guaranteed. Background images displayed are for
illustrative purpose only and do not represent any specific listing or property.
Sherwood Park Acreages For Sale l Strathcona County Acreages For Sale
Ralph Henze, RE/MAX® Elite, #116, 150 Chippewa Rd., Sherwood Park, AB
This site's content is the responsibility of Ralph Henze, licensed REALTOR® in the Province of Alberta.
The trademarks REALTOR®, REALTORS®, MLS®, Multiple Listing Service®, and the associated logos are controlled by
The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) and identify real estate professionals who are members of CREA.